Witnessing, Curiosity, Grounding... An unlearning opportunity.
The Breech Release: Transform your relationship with breech, transform your relationship with birth.
Midwives ~ Prenatal Bodyworkers ~ Chiropractors
“The Breech Release” is an embodied in-person two-day workshop for birth attendants and prenatal bodyworkers based on our book The Breech Release: Opening Pathways for Midwifery and Prenatal Bodywork. Transform your relationship as a practitioner integrating breech and birth! #breechforheaddownbabies
Cost: $775 for the two day workshop, which includes preparation materials. Being familiar with the book ahead of time might be useful in spiraling your understanding and intent. The audiobook might be a good adjunct.
Continuing Education Hours: (CE Hrs) through MEAC (for midwives), NCBTMB for massage therapists, and possibly CA BRN’s for nurses.
Prerequisite: Be an experienced birth or bodyworker of at least one year.
Program Structure: 1. Preparation tasks including journal reflections, videos, and reviewing anatomy. Access will be emailed to you three weeks before workshop start day. 2. Two-Day in person workshop. 3. Optional follow-up with access to materials, community, and mentorship (one-time additional fee).
The landscape of this workshop includes:
- Introspective orientation of the participant to breech
- The Historical context of breech in birth
- Advanced Anatomy for Pregnancy
- Review of relevant elements of the nervous system
- Experiencing potent positions for change
- Practicing the power of Validation and Solution-Focused Dialog.
- Crafting and adapting various breech body balancing sessions
- Art, storytelling, and self-reflection
- Learning to cultivate your own relationship to anatomy and bodywork
- Exploring bodywork techniques by integrating the slant board and the Placeholder Technique (as described in The Breech Release)
- Skills for ECV counseling, referral, preparation, integration, and follow-up
- And much more…
A limited number of scholarships are available for each workshop. Please inquire about a scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Instructors and Authors:
Nicole Morales is a homebirth midwife, Spinning Babies® Trainer, breech mom, author, storyteller, and mentor.
Jamie Mossay is a birth and bodyworker, Spinning Babies® Aware Instructor and Birthing From Within Trainer, mother, and mentor.
Emma Moreland is a homebirth midwife, bodyworker, Spinning Babies® Aware Instructor, mother of 5, and mentor.
**Please bring a massage table if you are local and wear comfortable clothes. ** A more detailed email of what to expect and prepare for will be sent once you register for the workshop.
Upcoming workshops in other locations – keep an eye out!
For additional workshop information, please see our FAQs!
Interested in hosting or sponsoring a workshop?